[theora-dev] add theora_user_yuv_out(theora_state *, yuv_buffer *) to libtheora?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Aug 29 00:40:05 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Shane Stephens <shane.stephens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to add user-allocated frame memory to theora via a
> theora_user_yuv_out callback.  An additional helper function
> (theora_user_buffer_is_freeable) would also be required.

I would object to adding this sort of thing to libtheora. Add it to
theora-exp instead - it's a cleaner API, a more complete AND more
correct implementation, and substantially faster.

I considered doing it in theora-exp in the past; the reason I didn't
do so at the time was that theora's internal frame representation
didn't match the output I needed (different strides, primarily), so I
was going to have to do a copy anyway.

Mike