[theora-dev] Hardware ReconRefFrames!

Felipe Portavales Goldstein portavales at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:22:42 PDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 03:34:14PM -0300, Felipe Portavales Goldstein wrote:
>
> > We have now the ReconRefFrames routine (and all sub-routines called
> > from it) running on a synthesizable VHDL model.
>
> Yay! This is excellent news. What kind of performance are you
> getting? Can you post some photos?

We are still searching for a bug on the integration of the modules, so
we didnt have the modules working toguether.

> > The VHDL models are on the SVN, but the top-level module is still
> > under validation tests.
>
> I only see expandblock and loopfilter? Are the others integrated there?

We found a bug on the ReconRefFrame module that integrate the
loopfilter and the expandblock

The expandblock is the IDCT + Reconstruction routines

They work separeted, but not when integrated on the ReconRefFrame
top-level module.

I can send the ReconRefFrame to the SVN the way it is, but I preffer
to send when we fix it.