[Theora-dev] Theora freezes when with multiple video screens

Sebastien Daloz sebastien.daloz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 03:03:51 PDT 2005

I tried the VMR9 filter and the problem persists.

The problem is certainly due to Theora decode filter because I used a
graph without Theora Encoder (data are first compressed with the
encoder in a graph, and a second graph take them somewhere and decode
the video to display it with the Video Renderer). So the problem
appears in a graph that only use the Decoder, so the decoder may be
the problem.

When changing display screen, DirectShow make a dynamic renegociation
on the filters (ImediaSample->getMediaType() is not null).
CTransformFilter->DecideBufferSize is called and succeeded (I have
activated logs in the filter, and DecideBufferSize ends with
***SUCCESS***).
Another thing : I know that changing display screen make all filters
to be paused. Maybe this is the problem ?

The problem is not the video card, because using another encoder
(XviD) works fine.

Memory is OK and CPU is not overloaded, problem is something else.

Note that is I add sound filters in the graph, sound is playing while
video is black. So graph is not paused but running.