[Theora-dev] Question about MVect in decode.c

LS linesoft at plotinka.ru
Mon May 30 04:16:59 PDT 2005

Good day!

Could you please explain me the following:
In case of playback of video stream theora, MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 shows a warning message in every frame about the
usage of not initialized variable MVect in the file decode.c (run-time
check).
In case of key-frames playback no warning appears.
When I disable the run-time check, the video stream plays normally, but it is undesirable. Theora is implemented
in my project as a source, so when I disable the run-time check it will disable it for the while project. I would
like to avoid it if possible.

Questions:
1. can this variable (if used before being initialized) lead to the cosec's faulty operation?
2. Is this bug fixed in the latest releases? If fixed, where can I get the correct source files?

Thanks,
LS