[Theora-dev] Theora with DirectX earlier than 9

Sebastien Daloz sebastien.daloz at gmail.com
Sat May 28 06:20:36 PDT 2005

Thanks.

The problem is DirectX couldn't connect filters, they seem
incompatible together. All my tests are currently done in Graphedit,
under un Windows2000 operating systems with DirectX 8.1 and DirectX
7.0 (thanks to VMWare).

More precisely, Theora Decoder Filter can't connect its output pin
with Video Renderer input pin. Since my last email, I have working on
a color conversion filter from YV12 to RGB. I have no reason using RGB
excepted I don't know what formats are accepted by older versions of
Video Renderer. Property page is not accessible, DirectX can't display
them but I can't say why.

My filter is transcoding YV12 to RGB24, RGB32 and ARGB. It seems
DirectX 8.1 and DirectX 7.0 (under Windows2000) connect successfully
Theora Decoder with Video Renderer.

I have a question about YV12 video format. Video formats often are
DWORD aligned. How about YV12 ? I suppose it is. Y pitch is the
closest superior multiple of 4 of width, and U and V pitch have each
the half-size of the Y pitch ?
What about BITMAPINFOHEADER.biWidth in YV12 ? Is it the exact image
width or is it the Y pitch ?

Seb.