[Theora-dev] theora optimizations

j at thing.net j at thing.net
Sun Jul 31 07:55:21 PDT 2005

updated the liboil patch so i could apply it to latest cvs version,
hope i did not break anything, i have a hard time reading liboilfuncs.h
some more newlines or grouping could help, anyway

get latest liboil from cvs
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/liboil co liboil

patch liboil:
    http://people.xiph.org/~j/liboil.theora-j-2005-07-30.patch

patch theora:
    http://people.xiph.org/~j/theora.oil-j-2005-07-30.patch

> I'm attaching the patches for theora trunk and liboil HEAD so peopl
> can try it out.  Does anyone know what other encoder-specific
> optimizations have gone in theora-mmx ? I'm guessing some of those can
> also be put in the liboil patch to further speed things up.
the only change besides merging changes from trunk is that i added
-O3 -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -funroll-loops
to CFLAGS, this should also be added to theora-trunk(its in my patch)

i also updated the patch so it adds liboil-0.3 in the theora.pc file if
linked with liboil,
along with a configure option to disable liboil (--disable-liboil)