[Theora-dev] Re: player_example vs splayer

Andre Pang Andre.Pang at csiro.au
Sun Jan 9 09:13:42 PST 2005

On 06/01/2005, at 6:21 AM, Ralph Giles wrote:

> Does anyone know why monty's audio sync hack for OSS wouldn't work
> (about) as well with SDL audio buffers? I guess there might be more
> latency overall, but the library is designed for game use so playback
> trigger should be responsive; it's just about tracking the audio clock.
>
> Can we switch player_example to just use SDL?

I haven't looked at the code for player_example at all, but it should
be pretty easy; the SDL audio API is very simple, and PortAudio's
callback-driven audio output is the same model that SDL uses.  I've got
far too many other tasks to do to get this done in the next few weeks,
but if it's not done by the time I get around to updating the Windows
projects, I'll take a look at it.

--
: André Pang (x4180)
: Software Engineer, Networked Media : CeNTIE