[Theora-dev] Re: PC-based video server

Andrey Filippov theora at elphel.com
Tue Jan 25 20:45:15 PST 2005

> What would you like anyone to do to help?
> John

John,

as you know I'm rather new to Theora. If not to count the FPGA
implementation I first time looked inside the code just over a week ago.
And I do not have any real experience using Theora, I don't "feel" it as
the actual bit rates needed, CPU load, etc. So I am addressing developers
who have such experience -- first of all I'm trying to get your general
opinion on such project - how doable, how big it is and is anybody
interested in working on it or have any ideas on this.

If there will be any interest -- we can decide what will be the most
efficient way to proceed, I just don't want to abuse this mailing list
with too much of a business talk. There are several developers working
with Elphel now -- but they are (like myself) Russians (actually half are
Ukrainians) who participated in the software competition for the
videostreamer Elphel announced in Russian online magazine
http://www.computerra.ru last March. And as they live in Russia and
Ukraine they find it more convenient to discuss technical stuff in Russian
- and so most our discussions so far are on our Russian language forum.

Andrey