[Theora-dev] libannodex 0.6.0 Release
conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Feb 14 13:34:54 PST 2005
libannodex 0.6.0 Release
libannodex is a C library providing a simple programming interface for reading
and writing Annodex media. Annodex is an open standards based technology that
extends the World Wide Web's hyperlinking, searching, and compositing
infrastructure to time-continuous data, enabling video surfing, searching for
clips of audio and video files using ordinary Web search engines, and
on-the-fly composition of a video on a Web server from previously annodexed
clips. For more information on Annodex, see http://www.annodex.net/
This release is available as a source tarball at:
New in this release:
Support for Annodex version 3:
* Support for reading and writing Ogg Skeleton and CMML binary
* Support for recomposition from keyframe offsets, using
granuleshift clues from Theora and CMML headers. This provides
efficient playback of video and the current CMML clip.
* Read-only support for reading and importing Annodex v2 content
to allow existing content to be recomposed in v3 format without
General improvements and bugfixes:
* Updates to xtag to gracefully ignore XML comments and processing
directives, and new internal API documentation in xtag.h
* use liboggz's default STRICT mode when writing to ensure adherence
to Ogg mapping constraints
* added accessor functions anx_get_presentation_time() and
* updates to anxenc, anxrip and anxinfo as required
* updated libtool shared version info to 1:0:1
The libannodex source distribution comprises the C library libannodex,
plugins for importing CMML and Ogg media (Theora, Vorbis and Speex), and
the command-line tools anxenc, anxrip and anxinfo.
libannodex provides the following features:
* API documentation, with comprehensive examples
* Developed and tested on GNU/Linux, Darwin/MacOSX and Win32. May
work on other Unix-like systems via GNU autoconf. For Win32: nmake
Makefiles, Visual Studio .NET 2003 solution files and Visual C++ 6.0
workspace files are provided in the source distribution.
* A simple, callback based open/read/close or open/write/close
interface to Annodex media and embedded CMML clips.
* Plugin based importing framework, providing temporal interleaving
of multiple media and annotations data sources.
Full documentation of the libannodex API, customization and installation,
and reading and writing examples can be read online at:
The libannodex source tarball also contains the following command-line tools,
which are useful for creating and inspecting Annodex media:
* anxenc: Encapsulate annotations and data into annodexed media.
* anxrip: Extract annotations and data tracks from annodexed media.
* anxinfo: Display information about annodexed media contents.
libannodex is Free Software, available under a BSD style license.
More information is available online at the libannodex homepage:
Senior Software Engineer, Continuous Media Web, CSIRO Australia
More information about the Theora-dev