[Theora-dev] Theora, MMX and optimisation

Ivan Popov pin at medic.chalmers.se
Tue Apr 12 06:48:08 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:41:34AM +0200, denpo wrote:
> > VP3HoSwiYo posted a
> > forward-port of vp32's MMX implementation to this mailing list (you can
> > search for it with Google). I don't believe it was ever officially
> > incorported into the theora-mmx branch.
> Yup, found it (
> http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora-dev/2004-August/002242.html ),
> unfortunatly the link is dead. Since I didn't know the list was so
> reactive, I figured this was old news and had find another way to
> reach my goals. So I guess someone still have this patch somewhere.
> I'd be pleased to get a copy.

There is another (working) link:
http://kyoto.cool.ne.jp/vp3/developers/theora-a3-MMXd.zip
(http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora-dev/2004-August/002348.html)

Regards,
--
Ivan
using the opportunity to remind the list that the corresponding optimized

(it is compiled and setup to work on any Linux 2.6 distro, as well as
on FreeBSD 5.3 and even on NetBSD 2.0, on Intel 32-bit cpus)

You may look at
/coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/t/theora/V/svn20041118/L/2/NOTES
to see how the library was compiled.