[Theora-dev] Directshow filters 0.64.7878

Robert Huitl theora-dev at huitl.de
Tue Sep 28 08:05:25 PDT 2004

Hi Zen,

On Saturday 25 September 2004 10:08, illiminable wrote:
> You can encode from a bunch of onew input types like RGB32, RGB24, IYUV
> etc.

Thanks a lot, no need to use the ffdshow filter anymore :)

I achieved some good progress during the last days. Now I can extract samples
with the sample grabber and write them to files (for debugging). A custom
Direct Show filter feeds these sample to a filter graph:

              /------> Theora Decoder ----1)---> VMR Video Renderer
NCDShowFilter |
              \------> Speex Decoder ----------> Some audio device

This works perfectly if the connection marked as 1) is NOT established. I can
hear the sound encoded with Speex, and it doesn't care much about packet
loss.
But I somehow messed the video part up. As soon as I connect the decoder's
output pin to the video renderer's input pin, the application crashes:

-> Unhandled exception in netcam.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++
Exception.
-> Thread 0xA00 terminated with Code 0 (0x0).
-> Unhandled exception in netcam.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access
Violation.
-> Unhandled exception in netcam.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++
Exception.
-> Thread 0x970 terminated with Code 0 (0x0).
-> "C:\Programme\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfTheoraEncoder.dll" loaded. No symbol
information.
-> "C:\Programme\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfAbstractVideoEncoder.dll" loaded. No
symbol information.
-> HEAP[netcam.exe]: Invalid allocation size - 96BE0100 (exceeded 7ffdefff)
-> Unhandled exception in netcam.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++
Exception.

This first exception occurs somewhere deep down in quartz.dll. When the
debugger finally pops up, the stack trace reads:
KERNEL32! 77e53887()
MSVCR71! 7c359aed()
MSVCP71! 7c3c8b5a()
DSFTHEORAENCODER! 02186b0c()
baadf010()

As I'm using the same code for the NCDShowFilter-Video- and -Audio-Pins, I
cannot think of a reason why this happens. Must be something special about
the theora filter. You can have a look at my filter at
http://www.huitl.de/NCDShowFilter.cpp and http://www.huitl.de/NCDShowFilter.h

Bye,
  Robert

P.S.: The MediaTypes have some weird values, but I got them by dumping the
Theora/Speex-Encoders MediaTypes. So I guess this should be ok.