[Theora-dev] libtool.m4

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Thu Sep 23 14:15:52 PDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 03:25 pm, Ralph Giles wrote:
> In the default search path of the aclocal tool. Apparently it's not. You
> can work around with 'ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I/usr/share/aclocal ./autogen.sh'.

Thanks.  This is what happened.
<snip>
[john at kjohn theora]$ ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I/usr/share/aclocal
[john at kjohn theora]$ ./autogen.sh
checking for autoconf...
checking for automake 1.6 or later... automake
checking for aclocal 1.6 or later... aclocal
checking for libtool... libtoolize
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
Generating configuration files for theora, please wait....
  aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/vorbis.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of
XIPH_PATH_VORBIS
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
aclocal:configure.ac:38: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
  autoheader
  libtoolize --automake
  automake --add-missing
examples/Makefile.am:10: `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override
it;
examples/Makefile.am:10: use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.
lib/Makefile.am:3: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/Makefile.am:3:
lib/Makefile.am:3: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
lib/Makefile.am:3: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
[john at kjohn theora]$
</snip>
Regards,
John