[Theora-dev] Problems with Theora DirectShow filters

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Wed Sep 15 19:15:48 PDT 2004

illiminable wrote:
> These are the two references i'm using for YUv/RGB wrt directshow.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/YUVFormats.asp
>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directshow/htm/uncompressedrgbvideosubtypes.asp

I also forgot to mention, as far as I can tell from those documents,
while it does a decent job at describing some of the Y'CbCr variants
(though it does not do much to address the R'G'B' variants, it does at
least seem to indicate that it assumes the PAL primaries are being
used), it does nothing to tell you, on an API level, how you determine
which particular variant you are working with, or how you can give this
information to other applications.