[Theora-dev] building theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Sep 12 13:44:10 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:38:04PM -0500, John Kintree wrote:

> This was the problem:
> [...]
> gcc -O20 -ffast-math -mno-ieee-fp -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -DUSE_MEMORY_H
> -static -o decoder_example decoder_example.o  ../lib/.libs/libvorbis.a -lm
> -logg
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Yep, this is what I was referring to. It's looking for libm.a, the
static version of the standard math library, so it can use it to make a
static executable. On Debian, this is /usr/lib/libm.a, and is part of
the libc6-dev package. You should be able to install something similar
for mandrake to resolve this issue.