[Theora-dev] encoding in hardware

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Oct 25 14:38:00 PDT 2004

John Kintree wrote:
> It would be nice in the future if some webcams and camcorders came with
> hardware support for encoding video in theora format.  Is theora developed
> far enough and stable enough that it would make sense to contact companies
> such as VIA Technologies, Logitech, and Creative Labs to express an interest
> in this?

	Creative Labs has had a hard time getting excited about Vorbis. So who
knows about Theora support. But Theora is a different concept. I can
tell you that at least one hardware developer is interested in
implementing VP3/Theora in hardware (because they have contacted me due
to my documentation effort).

--
	-Mike Melanson