[Theora-dev] re: building theora

xi xizard at enib.fr
Fri Nov 19 16:33:22 PST 2004

Hello,

*** I just got this problem with mandrake :

gcc -O20 -ffast-math -mno-ieee-fp -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char
-fomit-frame-pointer -DUSE_MEMORY_H -static -o decoder_example
decoder_example.o  ../lib/.libs/libvorbis.a -L/usr/local//lib -lm
/usr/local/lib/libogg.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm

*** I found a thread (Sun Sep 12 13:44:10 PDT 2004) about this problem
and this is the answer :

"Yep, this is what I was referring to. It's looking for libm.a, the
static version of the standard math library, so it can use it to make a
static executable. On Debian, this is /usr/lib/libm.a, and is part of
the libc6-dev package. You should be able to install something similar
for mandrake to resolve this issue."

*** So my mail is just to say that for mandrake, you need to install
"glibc-static-devel" package in order to get libm.a package

Regards,
						Xavier

--
E-mail: