[theora-dev] last call for beta 1

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu May 27 01:47:26 PDT 2004

> How about real encoding in mencoder/transcoe/... ?  Or How about
> updating the theoraenc in theora-tools to use libavcodec to decode
> input video/audio on the fly for encoding?

> It is a bit difficult to use these very big YUV-Files :(

You can always use pipes.  I already created my own theora samples
without a need for YUV-Files:

rm stream.yuv
rm stream.wav
mkfifo stream.yuv
mkfifo stream.wav
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -nosound "$@" &> /dev/null&
mplayer -ao pcm -vc dummy -aofile stream.wav "$@" &> /dev/null &
encoder_example -a 0 -v 1 stream.wav stream.yuv  > theora.ogg

David