[theora-dev] last call for beta 1

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed May 26 18:12:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:14:10PM +0200, j at thing.net wrote:

> plenty of time might not be the issue here.
> getting out Beta-1 will get more people using libtheora. not getting it
> out will not fix possible flaws.

Agreed. The bitstream hasn't changed either. I don't see any reason to
delay. However Jack agrees that a more of a marketing build up would be
good, so we'll go with the compromise.

Alpha 4, May 31 (better day for me) - bitstream freeze
Beta 1, June 8 - demo players and content, media blitz

That gives us a week to ramp up, and a little more time to flesh out the
spec. I'd like to actually do the media blitz on the 9th and 10th, so
the code is already done, people have time to propagate changes to tools
and we're not trying to coordinate two things at once.

Yay schedules,