[theora-dev] New experimental theora implementation

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Sat May 15 13:21:27 PDT 2004

Ralph Giles wrote:
> Unfortunately, the encoder is currently broken, but this is still a good
> codebase for playing with new features. Thanks to Derf for making it
> available.

May I assume that it´s well known that not only the encoder is broken
but also the decoder? Although the new decoder accepts files created
with alpha3 there are plenty of blocky artifacts... looks as if
sometimes blocks are predicted from a wrong frame... or like a problem
with motion-vectors.

Maik

--
EN: Every mail bigger than 35 KByte will be deleted automatically from
my mailbox. Please contact me before sending any attachments.