[theora-dev] New experimental theora implementation

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri May 14 13:33:50 PDT 2004

Derf's from-scratch alternate implementation of the theora codec is now
publicly available from our subversion repository.

    http://svn.xiph.org/experimental/derf/theora-exp/

This exciting new codebase promises superiour performance, and the encoder
is capable of higher quality output than the current represenation, taking
advantage of the bitstream extension we've added to the original VP3 format.

Unfortunately, the encoder is currently broken, but this is still a good
codebase for playing with new features. Thanks to Derf for making it
available.