[theora-dev] release priorities

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Mar 12 11:06:32 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:45:24AM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:

> 	I always get confused on this point-- is the draft spec what I'm
> doing? The direction I'm taking, will it be suitable for the spec?

Could be. Your VP3 spec is very clear so far. But we need a theora spec.
The times I contacted you before about that you said you wanted to do VP3
first and work at your own pace. If you'd like to do a theora spec, or
let us use your document as the basis of ours (as we've discussed) that
would be great. We just need an effort to complete one.

There are two other attempts. Dan's python spec/implementation that
Arc's been continuing, and least-far-along the version I started in the
wiki.