[theora-dev] boost.python wrapper for parts of theora

Daniel Holth dholth at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 10 22:44:59 PST 2004

Hi, I've been working on a competing Python wrapper for ogg, vorbis, and
theora, and if you are someone who knows about boost.python and would
like to test my package for me I would appreciate it.  Especially re:
compiler errors and how to get it to reliably work on other's computers.

The wrapper should be advanced enough to add comments or show comments
on a theora stream, and to encode/decode/transcode vorbis, but it
doesn't let you see the video yet.  It is implemented as a set of
straightforward C++ classes around xiph libraries.  Then boost.python is
used to expose those classes to Python.

The URL is http://dingoskidneys.com/oggpy/ ; binaries are provided for
Debian Unstable + Python 2.3

Thanks for your feedback,