[Theora-dev] Encoding paramaters...

Maik Merten maikmerten
Sun Jul 4 03:00:58 PDT 2004

<000b01c46187$4a4aecc0$0100000a at tiger>

illiminable wrote:
> So which is the correct interpretation of offset for a decoder and
> encoder... is it centred (as in encoder example)... or is it with the top
> left corner pinned and padding on the bottom and right of the frame, or is
> it with the bottom left corner pinned with padding on the top and right of
> the frame or is it other ?

Figure 2.1 in ASCII:

|--    Picture Width              --|

|                Frame                            |
|       +-----------------------------------+     | ---
|       |                                   |     |  |
|       |       Picture                     |     |
|       |                                   |     | Picture Height
|       |                                   |     |
|       |                                   |     |
|       |                                   |     |  |
|       +-----------------------------------+     | ---  ---
|                                                 |       |   Picture
+-------------------------------------------------+      ---  Y-Offset
(0,0)

|-     -|
Picture
X-Offset

Centred seems to be correct. However, with X- and Y-Offset set to zero
and fitting Picture-Dimensions it should be possible to pin the picture
to the bottom left corner. (Latter could be more efficient because then
there are only 2 "sharp" picture-to-black edges prone to ringing)

Maik

--
EN: Every mail bigger than 35 KByte will be deleted automatically from
my mailbox. Please contact me before sending any attachments.