[Theora-dev] Building theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Aug 29 18:52:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 09:18:39PM +0100, J. Grant wrote:

> I could not find libtheora release, only an alpha,  this wasn't very
> clear, it has been released now I think.

Yes. What happened is we froze the bitstream at what the alpha 3 encoder
produces, so that's the release to use. We haven't made the first beta
release yet.

> From the README I can see that I "need libvorbis and libvorbisenc from
> the 1.0.1 release or later."  However, there is not a 1.0.1 tarball in
> the http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/download/ directory..  does anyone
> have a link for me please?

Yes, you need 1.0.1. It's hiding on vorbis.com:

  http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0.1/unix/libvorbis-1.0.1.tar.gz

I'll clean up the links, if our webmaster team doesn't get to it first.

Cheers,