[Theora-dev] theora MMX decoder

Ivan Popov pin at medic.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 27 14:48:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 07:37:08AM +0900, VP3HoSwiYO wrote:
> good morning everybody.
> I have finished converting mmx decode code to gcc.
> Now this can be compiled with both vc and gcc.
>
> http://kyoto.cool.ne.jp/vp3/developers/theora-a3-MMXd.zip

Nice!

I get 22-30 % decoding acceleration compared to Wim's mmx-aware version
and   22-37 % compared to the mmx-unaware version on a
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 2
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 805.669
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1605.63

Hope both encoder and decoder optimizations will eventually merge together.
Right now I have to link encoder and decoder binaries to different runtime
libs.

Thanks!
--
Ivan