[theora-dev] Video Defects

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Sat Apr 3 09:55:55 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterribe at vt.edu>
To: <theora-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: [theora-dev] Video Defects

> that is actually displayed is 352x288, I guess that isn't an issue, but
> the actual width of the image is not 384.

Nah the image is still 352x288 but directshow is expecting 384x288 and so
each line was progresssively eating further and further into the next lines.
ie the top line would get the real 352 pixels then another 32 of the next
line. The padding seems to have fixed it... except for the black border it
now has... just got to figure out how to tell it to stretch and ignore the
black.

> > Now it looks better... though still upside down... but now the colours
are
> > confused... red is blue :(
>
> That means you have the Cb and Cr channels backwards.

Yep... that was it... thanks... working now... right way up and all :)

Now just to tidy it all up :)

'theora-dev-request at xiph.org'