[theora-dev] building under NetBSD

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed May 21 03:35:43 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 07:18 am, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I am successfully able to build today's theora_cvs_snapshot under
> NetBSD/i386 1.6 with SDL disabled. (I haven't tested yet.)

Yay!

> This is what I did to make it build:

So this patch lets it build and use OSS on *BSD?

> This built, but this is not tested yet. I need to make some data to
> test.
> I found a Micro-HOWTO at
> http://www.dogphilosophy.net/SECTION-Technical_Stuff/ogg-theora-
> microhowto.html
> which I will follow. Unless is there is easier ways or a download site
> fetch Ogg Theora files.

There's a test clip http://www.theora.org/test/test.zip you can use to
verify decoding and encoding (only the first 5 seconds on uncompressed
data are included)

> By the way, I created a package of "theora-nightly" for NetBSD (and
> also
> created new packages for CVS snapshots of libogg and libvorbis because
> theora README said newer versions of these were needed).

Thanks, it's great to have distribution support (and testing!) at such
an early stage.