[theora-dev] Proof of Concept

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Mar 9 20:39:01 PST 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Henry Mason  wrote:

> > I am wondering if I
> > should name the final module vp3.c or theora.c?
>
> Maybe oggtheora.c? That would fit with the convention set by oggvorbis.c.

        oggtheora.c would be a misnomer since theora is the video codec
name. Ogg is the transport name. Though I see that libavcodec contains
oggvorbis.* which is technically incorrect. Anyway, the module will also
be in charge of decoding VP3 data which can be transported in other
containers, and Theora may very well be packaged in non-Ogg containers as
well.

> BTW, are you also updating libavformat to use the new libogg which is required for Theora-in-Ogg?

        Not my department.

--
	-Mike Melanson