[theora-dev] Re: [vorbis-dev] DocBook and XML

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Mar 11 01:49:30 PST 2003

After staing up until 4:30 fighting to get some 'crash and die' bugs
fixed in the spec:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xiphmont/MotherfishCVS/vorbis/vorbis/doc'
xsltproc --xinclude --output Vorbis_I_spec.html xml/spec-html.xsl xml/Vorbis_I_spec.xml
xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost:  Failed to resolve host 'www.oasis-open.org' - Non-authoritive host not found or server failure.http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbcentx.mod:380: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/ent/iso-tech.ent"
%ISOtech;
        ^
Entity: line 1:
 %ISOtech;
         ^

...that error helpfully returned after waiting fifteen minutes on network
transactions, dumping those 15 minutes of waiting on the floor.

Fuck this.  If more spec bugs come in, I'm assigning them to someone
else.  They can fix the critical spec errors on the website from here
on out.

I'm sick of fighting infrastructure just to get fancier tagging that
did what the HTML tagging already provided.

Monty