[theora-dev] Re: [vorbis-dev] DocBook and XML

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Mar 10 20:32:13 PST 2003

Apparently Debian has broken dependencies for the XML tools, and
forgot to install a few packages, because the packages appear to be
readically different on PPC and Intel, but the dependencies were left
the same.  Anyway, I'm past that original error.

Now I'm hitting bugs in the actual tools and our conversion:

Error: pdfxmltex (file xifish.pdf): cannot find image file
 ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!
make[1]: *** [Vorbis_I_spec.pdf] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xiphmont/MotherfishCVS/vorbis/vorbis/doc'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

pdftex will not accept anything but pdf image input; that seems to be
the case here because one of the alternative images was present, but
was not pdf.  The comment in the XML says, however:

<mediaobject>
<!-- pdf is better but some tools don't handle it -->
<imageobject>
 <imagedata fileref="xifish.pdf" format="PDF"/>
</imageobject>

So we can't rely on a PDF include, and we can't repy on not a PDF
include.

I'm going to hack it for now by including both.

Monty