[theora-dev] VP3 IDCT

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Wed Mar 5 09:26:58 PST 2003

I believe they are.  At some point I replaced them with my own functions off the standard texts and I recall there wasn't any noticeable visual problem.  However I can't remember if they were bit-for-bit accurate.

With any DCT/IDCT implementation, the issue of any loss of precision etc. that might cause the encoder's reference decoding to drift from the decoder's has to be considered.  I know we have run into problems like this when porting decode to different platforms.  The only true document for now (until I get my spec together) is the code, so you will have to look at it or at least compare your output to the output of the present decoder.  It's intended to be a pure 32-bit integer implementation if that helps.

I do know (with my usual 99.44% assurance) that the two speedups (DC only & <=10 AC's) are supposed to be numerically identical to the full-on version.