[theora-dev] Re: Ogg Internet Drafts - create application/ogg-vorbis, application/ogg-tarkin, etc.

Conrad Parker conrad at vergenet.net
Sat Jan 4 18:32:21 PST 2003

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 04:02:29PM -0500, Arc wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 09:49:55PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> > Any disagreements, please draft your own Internet Drafts and add to the
> > IETF repository and we'll weigh them against each other and have a chat
> > with considered parties.
>
> The "considered parties" are the developers.  application/x-ogg has
> become the standard and has proven itself to be efficient and useful.
>
> Does this mean that there is not going to be an application for
> application/ogg ?  If so, what a waste of time...

no, if you want an application/ogg MIME type, write an RFC for it. In
the process of doing so, you'll collect all the ideas about why it's a
good idea for application/ogg to be a registered MIME type, you'll write
a few paragraphs of rationale for it, and anyone who wants to know how
or why to use that MIME type will be able to refer to that document.

Conrad.