[theora-dev] [OT] Just saying hi!

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 27 10:00:16 PST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Henry Mason  wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the DCDivX
> player is already capable of playing VP3:
>
> http://www.moosegate.com/betaboy/dcdivx/
>
> Source is available. I'm not sure about performance,
> but it seems to work okay.

        Ah yes, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that some
time ago. They basically imported the released VP3 sources. Though as far
as I remember, the DCDivX people still were not able to output YV12 on the
DC. I think real performance improvements will come when we can work this
out and not have to convert to YUY2 or RGBx before displaying. I think
it's possible but I don't think anyone has figured it out yet.

--
	-Mike Melanson