[theora-dev] More Missing Pieces

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Mon Feb 24 13:56:51 PST 2003

structure for Theora data. Something like:

>   2560 signed 16-bit numbers for the 80 histograms (which byte order?)
>   64 QThresh table values (8- or 16-bits?)
>   etc...

This is the code -- functions are called in this order: (again, you should get this from CVS)

void write_Qtables(oggpack_buffer* opb) {
  int x;
  for(x=0; x<64; x++) {
        oggpackB_write(opb, QThreshTableV1[x],16);
  }
  for(x=0; x<64; x++) {
        oggpackB_write(opb, DcScaleFactorTableV1[x],16);
  }
  for(x=0; x<64; x++) {
        oggpackB_write(opb, Y_coeffsV1[x],8);
  }
  for(x=0; x<64; x++) {
        oggpackB_write(opb, UV_coeffsV1[x],8);
  }
  for(x=0; x<64; x++) {
        oggpackB_write(opb, Inter_coeffsV1[x],8);
  }
}

void write_FrequencyCounts(oggpack_buffer* opb) {
  int x, y;
  for(x=0; x<NUM_HUFF_TABLES; x++) {
    for(y=0; y<MAX_ENTROPY_TOKENS; y++) {
          oggpackB_write(opb, FrequencyCounts_VP3[x][y], 16);
        }
  }
}

> 	As an aside, does anyone know how to decode Vorbis audio data
> encapsulated within a Quicktime file? Do I need to pull some
> information
> out of the audio stsd atom? I have a few Vorbis/QT samples
> made from the
> Heroine Warriors' programs but I have never heard audio from them.

not I.