[theora-dev] [OT] Just saying hi!

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Feb 26 01:37:08 PST 2003

I hope this list is small enough for not beeing banned when
introducing oneself. So...

Hi,
I just subscribed to the theora-lists. I'm from the XVID project,
so I know a deal about video and MPEG-4 in particular, but nothing about
Vorbis/Theora etc., That's why I'm here, because I'm interested in
patent-free alternatives.

I guess there is no documentation of the current status of Theora
and it's basic (technical) concepts, is there? Because reading sources is
okay, but sometimes a few explanations make it much easier.

I'm particularly interested in how you manage to keep everything free of
patents, in particular since I know that there are patents (claimed) on
such trivial stuff like motion vector prediction and decision when to
encode and when to skip a block.

Christoph

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature ist maschinell
Beringstr. 6, Zi. 15, 53115 Bonn, Germany | erstellt und auch ohne Unter-