[theora-dev] First steps towards a simple text stream format.

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Tue Aug 12 13:33:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:49:54PM +0200, Philip J?genstedt wrote:
> Hello, good evening!
>
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:32:49 -0400
> Arc <arc at indymedia.org> wrote:
>
> At any rate, both annodex and the format I've been drafting should meet
> the requirements you mention.

One last one, and something I took for granted given the group here, it
needs to be free. No offense to Silvia, who has a well thought out
design, but trademarks on the project's name are a big no-go.

I took a look at the spec today, found this:

 Annodex(TM) is a trademark of CSIRO Australia.
 All other marks are the properties of their respective owners.

For what purpose does CSIRO Australia have a trademark on a supposidly
free format?  How do they intend to capitalise on this?  Is there a
statement of free use of the name?  For all uses or just some?