[theora-dev] OOps. Think I just figured it out...

emaillist at dogphilosophy.net emaillist at dogphilosophy.net
Thu Sep 26 14:31:18 PDT 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 02:58 pm, emaillist at dogphilosophy.net wrote:
> ARGH!  Thanks.  That actually turned out not to be the problem
[...] Oh, and in case it didn't come across, that's intended as a 'thanks
for pointing me in the right direction', not a snide remark (the "ARGH!" being
directed a the problem I thought I'd corrected previously popping up
again...). :-)

[...]
> Now I have a much more minor problem - everything builds but the example
> player, which complains:
>
> /usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lartsc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [player_example] Error 1
[...]
Okay, I'm an idiot.  The '-all-static' in the gcc line should have
tipped me off.  I don't have a static libartsc.a in there.  I grabbed
the arts cvs and compiled it up.

Don't have anything to test it with, but it built and doesn't give an
error when I try to run it with nothing, so I figure once I have an encoded
file to test with I'll have something to play it back with...

Thanks to everyone involved!