[theora-dev] SDL dependancy

Tabuleiro beta at tabuleiro.com
Mon Oct 21 19:35:14 PDT 2002

> You need the SDL macros in order to generate the configure script.  This
> would obviously not be true of a release distribution, as the configure
> script would already be built.

Thanks for the clarification! This may be obvious to you :) , but I am still
grasping the gnu tools, being used to CodeWarrior and VisualC++.

After downloading/installing SDL I can configure and build theora correctly.
However in my machine the player test fails: the audio remains in loop and
only the first .88 seconds or so are actually played. The machine keeps
looping until the process is aborted.

If I encode and play a video-only clip then it will play correctly. I will
investigate if this is an issue with the code that detects the amount of
audio actually played or pushed to the soundcard on this machine, looks like
it could be the source of the problem. This is a Linux Conectiva 8 distro,
using a SoundBlaster 16 card.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro