[theora-dev] Simple player and encoder binaries for Windows

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Oct 28 12:09:37 PST 2002

Binary, readme and test files at

http://www.tabuleiro.com/mauricio/theorawin.zip

The player uses some video routines from player_example.c, but with a
different audio and synch mechanism, built on top of PortAudio. This one was
built with support for the Wave out device, but it is easy to change it to
use DirectSound (or OSS in Linux and SoundManager/CoreAudio for the Mac.) I
am planning to port this to Linux/Mac as well shortly. I will post the
sources when it is done, or let me know if you want them in the current
state (currently VC++/Windows specific, but I plan to clean them up and add
at least a Mac project.) They also depend on the small patches I sent last
week to the list, so I may need to post a complete working tree instead
while the patches do not show up in CVS.

I compiled the encoder as well, a quick port to remove some Gnu/linux
specific functions not present on Windows (like rint() and the getopt
package) and add some headers.

Anyway, I hope these may be useful for a quick test until I have time to
clean up the sources. Let me know if you find problems.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro