[theora-dev] Theora support in ffdshow a ffvfw

Milan Cutka cutka at szm.sk
Fri Oct 4 05:22:58 PDT 2002

DM> hi --

DM> this is great but please keep in mind Theora is Alpha release only!

Yes, I know. Will be API changed?

DM>  Note there is a working VFW codec in theora cvs that is fully optimized; the theora package that builds command line tools is
DM> development-stage code, and is not optimized at all for fast playback.  Furthermore, the bitstream is not guaranteed to stay stable.

I'm still not sure about VP31 and Theora relation. Can frames
compressed by theora be decompressed with VP31 (or VP32?)
and vice-versa? I'm not talking about bitstream structure,
but about compression algorithm.

DM> Please make sure to update your product as we move towards an officially maintainable release.

Of course I will update it. I'm updating my local copy of theora CVS
quite often.

   Milan