[theora-dev] Compiling on FreeBSD

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Wed Oct 2 06:11:20 PDT 2002

Ok, some major arm twisting..

I had to do minor mods (ie, -I/usr/local/include) and install the latest
libogg from CVS since types have been added to ogg/os_types.h, to be
expected.

Second, and more scary, is having to copy the getopt.h from
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/grep/ to the build directory since this is a
Linux-centric thing apparently - FreeBSD ports lists recommend that
files include one for themselves "just in case" the OS its being
installed on doesn't have one.  I don't know if the two are compatable,
I'm assuming so for now.

At this point I'm scratching my head:
gcc -O2 -D_REENTRANT -static -o encoder_example encoder_example.o
../lib/.libs/l
ibtheora.a -L /usr/local/lib -logg -lvorbis -lm -lvorbisenc
encoder_example.o: In function `main':
encoder_example.o(.text+0xd5f): undefined reference to `getopt_long'
encoder_example.o(.text+0x1236): undefined reference to `vorbis_granule_time'
gmake: *** [encoder_example] Error 1

Think I'm stuck at this point.