[theora-dev] Alpha Two? (Impatient fan seeks news)

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Sun Dec 1 12:59:42 PST 2002

Monty has the final word, but my understanding is that A2 is still slated for Q4, meaning sometime in December.

As for features etc., again Monty will need to chime in here.  The one feature I've been involved in that I think is very exciting involves incorporating a Vorbis-like ability to put important global stream information into the Ogg stream header.  This will be as revolutionary for video as it was for audio, and will allow us to make major improvements to the encoders over time without worrying about player updates and bitstream incompatibilities.  Very cool!

Thanks for the enthusiasm -- help is on the way.

- dbm