[theora-dev] Specification discussions, and what can a non-coder do to help?

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Aug 22 14:58:54 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 emaillist at dogphilosophy.net wrote:

> Looking through the earlier entries in this mailing list, I see that
> one enterprising soul (Mike Melanson) has also managed to get the VP3 decoder
> working as a Xine plugin, though I've not yet been able to get it to work
> myself (not his fault - I suspect Xine CVS is not prepared to deal with
> autoconf 2.53 yet - the configure script that it generates doesn't work...)

        What difficulties are you encountering exactly? I remember having
trouble with autoconf 2.5+ when I started with xine a few months ago
(quick and easy workaround: Downgrade to autoconf 2.13). I thought this
got fixed, though.

        I have only heard from one person who has tried my patch so far.
He had some trouble compiling-- something to do with missing files-- but
he got around it.

        Thanks...

--
	-Mike Melanson