[theora-dev] Cross-Compiling VP3 on Linux

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Aug 12 16:11:07 PDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Ed Okerson wrote:

> I am very interested in this thread.  I am willing to pitch in and help
> get the conversion finished.  Are there any resources already completed?
> Have proper Makefiles been created yet?  Where do I need to start?

        Check out my message entitled "VP3 Patch For xine":
  http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200208/0020.html
I have rolled the code into a patch for the xine media player
(xine.sf.net) and it works great. The message has all the instructions you
should need for getting the decoder up and running with xine. It's not in
the main xine codebase yet, though.

        Thanks...

--
	-Mike Melanson