[theora-dev] VP3 Patch For xine
melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Aug 6 21:37:37 PDT 2002
Since a number of people are eager to try out the native VP3
decoder in xine, I have made a patch available, bz2-compressed:
To work with this patch:
1) Get the latest xine-lib from CVS. Visit this page for more details:
The module name is xine-lib, but you will also need to get xine-ui if this
is your first time using xine.
2) Download the patch and run it through bunzip2.
3) Change directory into xine-lib/ .
4) Run 'patch -p1 < /path/to/xine-vp3-decoder-patch'.
5) Run './cvscompile.sh' in xine-lib (do this even if you already have
xine-lib on your machine and have compiled it; it needs to generate a new
6) 'make all install'
7) Make and install xine-ui if you don't already have it.
8) Run 'xine <file-encoded-with-vp3.ext>' and press the play button.
When you are ready to get peruse the VP3 plugin source code, look
in xine-lib/src/libxinevdec/. There is a vp3/ subdirectory with the source
code lifted from On2's source snapshot (circa December, 2001, I
believe). There is also a vp3.c file in this directory which serves as the
glue code between the VP3 lib and xine's plugin architecture. It also
contains one more function lifted from On2's source: StartDecoder().
I have also posted my incomplete VP3 notes on my codec site for
anyone who it interested:
<p>--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'theora-dev-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Theora-dev