[theora-codecs] Installation Problems

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon May 12 14:05:57 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 08:36 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:

> Could you please re-download the file and let me know the results? I
> believe
> I found the problem, it is a file permission setting. It is not in the
> installer package itself,  but in the original file component packed
> in it.
> Packages preserve the file permissions of the system that has
> originally
> created them, as strange as it seems :0.

This one works! I like the dmg better as well; seems to have become the
preferred distribution format for the reasons you mention.

Just out of curiosity, where does the requirement for binhex start? I
remember the resource fork of .dmg files being necessary in 10.0 and it
doesn't seem to be any more.

  -r