[theora-codecs] VP3 playback problems

Youri Pepplinkhuizen y.pepplinkhuizen at chello.nl
Thu Jun 26 07:38:04 PDT 2003

> I read somewhere that older versions of VP3 are less
> resource demanding during playback. Is that true? Are
> older versions still available somewhere?

Try the codecs at http://kyoto.cool.ne.jp/vp3/codec/vp3e_download.html
(VfW only) where the "Improved Codecs" have some bug fixes and a more
tuned decoder, so resulting in less demanding playback.

To the developers: have these changes already been commited to CVS (and
if not, can they be)? It would be nice to see a 3.2.6.2 codec which
encompasses updates from 'unofficial' contributors into a single
package, because right now it is not really clear which codec should be
favored.