[Speex-dev] About Acoustic Echo Canceller

Alexandre Bento Leal msbleal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:12:58 PDT 2010

Hello.
I'm from Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil and I'm
trying to adapt
speex_echo.h (speex-1.2beta3-win32) to our video-conference software code.
We are working on amplitude values, but I realised that in order to AEC
works, one has to convert amplitude to frequency and filter the echo
frequencies. So, my question is:

Do I have to manually convert amplitude samples to frequency samples or is
it enough to send amplitude parameters to speex_echo.h functions that this
functions automatically convert it and do the AEC?

Thanks for your attention.

--
Alexandre Bento Leal

Graduando em Engenharia de Computação - UFRGS
Membro PRAV - Projetos em Áudio e Vídeo