[Speex-dev] frame size for a given quality?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Nov 1 10:03:27 PDT 2010

Jeff,

 It's in the manual:

http://www.speex.org/docs/manual/speex-manual/node10.html  (table 3 and 4).

However, if you're asking this, you're probably trying to do something
wrong, or the hard way.  You probably shouldn't be taking speex output,
and trying to "count bytes".   If you are using the API, then you will
just get the bits out, and then you'll know how many you have.

If you're trying to stream an existing stream of speex-encoded bits, then
it's pretty trivial to parse the stream.  I wrote something to do that a
long time ago (google speex_get_bits), though it may not do exactly what
you want.

-SteveK