[Speex-dev] new project using Speex, questions re: license display

Stuart O Anderson soa at ri.cmu.edu
Wed May 26 15:19:24 PDT 2010

Hello -

We've just released a new app for Android phones that uses the Speex codec -
it's called RedPhone.  Our website is at www.whispersys.com.  I wanted to
let you know that we were using the codec, say thanks for making this
valuable resource available, and check to make sure we were handling the
display of the licensing in a way that the developers were happy with.

Right now the Speex license text (http://www.xiph.org/licenses/bsd/speex/)
appears at the bottom of the 'about' text which can be pulled up from the
main menu on the first 'contact picker' screen of our app.  Does that seem
right to you?

Thanks again,

Stuart